Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Forest Gardener - New Home, New Blog

It's been over five weeks since I've posted, my longest absence from the blog in the two+ years since I started Suddenly I Seed. I've got good reasons, really! We recently purchased a new home, well, new to us anyway. I can't wait to share more, but until then, I'll share some pictures from a Mother's Day hike that we took in the forest preserve adjacent to our new property. Welcome to our backyard.

Considering how this property is quite a bit different than where we currently live, and where I've based most of the content for Suddenly I Seed, I will be changing the title and focus of the blog to all things forest gardening. Until that is up and running, enjoy a taste of what's to come. Happy Mother's Day to all of the beautiful moms in my life!

A massive oak

The kids could have played by the stream for hours

Spring wildflowers

Fields of bluebells

Can't wait to get our feet wet this summer

Wildlife and tracks everywhere

Spongy moss

A healthy forest

Red barn and crabtrees

Rolling around in the sun

Hiking sticks are a necessity

A fellow hiker

No comments:

Post a Comment