Thursday, December 13, 2012

Vegetable Garden Quotes

Green Zebra tomato from Suddenly I Seed blog


It's happening already. I'm feeling that itch to get out in the garden and grow food. And I have months (months!) before I'll be able to do so. In the meantime, enjoy these vegetable garden related quotes.
 
For all things produced in a garden, whether of salads or fruits, a poor man will eat better that has one of his own, than a rich man that has none.
-  J. C. Loudoun

 Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.
-  Author Unknown

 What was paradise, but a garden full of vegetables and herbs and pleasure?  Nothing there but delights. - William Lawson

 Sex is good, but not as good as fresh, sweet corn. 
- Garrison Keillor

 It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. 
- Lewis Grizzard

 Keep as near as ever you can to the first sources of supply—fruits and vegetables.
- B.W. Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment