Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Piet Oudolf on the Plantings at Lurie - Video


Not sure how I missed this fantastic video about Piet Oudolf and the Lurie Garden at Millennium Park in Chicago. I'm a huge fan of Oudolf's work, and if you are too, or if you just want to escape to a warm June day at the garden, watch the video. I love how he relates sustainability in plants to durability - plants that live long, perform well with long bloom times and look good through the seasons, come back year after year, and don't overgrow themselves. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Lurie garden, my office is a couple blocks away. It's such a brilliant job of designing, especially how it changes with the seasons. The river of salvia makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, loved this video. I have not seen it before.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete