Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jamie Oliver: Teach Kids to Cook

Okay, so I'm being a bit of a slacker here on the blog. I've been swamped with landscape design work, starting and co-leading my daughter's Daisy troop, getting GardenWorks 2013 up and running, and the million other things that we all juggle in our daily lives. So, the blog has been neglected a bit.

I'm so excited to share before and afters from my project at Glenbard West High School's Memorial Field in Glen Ellyn. I just have to get the after pics together, so look for that post later this week. Or, if you're in the area, just go have a look!

Until then, I'd like to share a video that I came across while jogging on the treadmill. My husband says I turn up the TV too loud when I'm on it, so I've taken to watching TED talks with headphones on my tablet. This one is Jamie Oliver's 2010 TED Prize speech about the state of obesity in America and how change can happen if people cooked their own food and taught their kids how to do it too. It goes hand in hand with my personal notion that everyone should be growing their own food. Take a look, it's a good way to spend the next 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment