Monday, April 30, 2012

My Tiny Home Desire

This past weekend, while out to dinner with two other couples, I confessed my desire for a tiny home. The average American house is around 2600 square feet, while the typical tiny home is only 400 square feet or so. I envision having a tiny (vacation) home parked somewhere on the edge of a forest overlooking a lake, with the idea being that we would spend lots of time outside and use it mostly for sleeping, all cozy-like.

Hilarity ensued when my friends asked how would we get electricity? Where would we go to the bathroom? And a suggestion to affix mirrors to the exterior so it would look invisible. Too funny! Or maybe you just had to be there...

Anyway, I would like to have one someday; a little place to escape the rigors of the day to day and be more in touch with nature. Kind of like extreme camping. Here are some of my favorites from the web. Scroll down to the bottom of the post to find links to some great information about the tiny home movement.

Photo credit

Photo credit

Photo credit
Photo credit
Photo credit
Photo credit

Photo credit

My Tiny Homes Board on Pinterest
The Tiny Life Blog
We The Tiny House People Documentary
Tiny Home Blog

1 comment:

  1. The pictures you’ve posted in this blog post are really awesome! Each photo really surprises me, and each house has its own attractive design. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete