Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One Year Blogiversary

Suddenly I Seed is exactly one year old! It's been so much fun sharing my thoughts and gardening information with you. I've even met some pretty great people and have had some awesome opportunities come up as a result of starting this blog. I'm so flattered that anyone actually visits my blog and takes the time to read what I have to say. THANK YOU!!!

I came across this passage from a novel I'm reading, Diana Gabaldon's The Fiery Cross from the Outlander series, and thought it might resonate with a few of us garden-obsessed folks. Hang in there, spring is almost here...

"He stretched his long toes out against the weight of the quilts, his leg just touching his wife's, and felt in memory the chunk of the spade, hard edge beneath his foot, and the satisfying feeling of cracking earth and snapping roots as another spadeful yeilded, the black earth moist and veined with the blind white rhizomes of wild grass and the fugitive gleam of earthworms writhing frantically out of sight."

No comments:

Post a Comment