- Learn guitar. I took lessons this fall and can play Tom Petty's Free Fallin' pretty well.
- Write a book about my life. I actually did that!
- Run a 5K without stopping. I ran the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago, an 8K!
- Own a convertible. Nope, and frankly, not interested anymore.
- Eat sushi in Japan. Not yet. But I WILL do this!
- Meet Lance Armstrong. Would love to, but a long shot.
- Hike the Appelachian Trail. Still a goal, but I don't see myself doing this while the kids are small.
- Read Anna Karenina. I'll do this in 2012. Promise.
|Eregrostis spectabilis and Calamintha nepeta, two |
plants I'll include in my front yard "prairie."
2. Create a bird friendly garden off back deck. I'll include fruit-producing shrubs and native perennials in this garden that we will be able to enjoy while on the deck, and through the back windows of the house. So much habitat is taken away from birds, I'm happy to give some back.
3. Find the perfect native tree to plant next to back deck in the bird habitat. I'll need a small ornamental tree or intermediate but narrow tree for this spot. I am considering a Viburnum prunifolium (Blackhaw Viburnum), Chionanthus virginicus (Fringe Tree), or Cornus alternifolia (Pagoda Dogwood). I can plant something with no more than a 15' spread. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
4. Add asparagus and rhubarb to the potager garden. I'm eager to add more perennial vegetables to the garden this year.
So, while I might not meet Lance Armstrong this year, I will definitely be able to make you a rhubarb and strawberry pie if you come to visit.