|I had both kids convinced that cleaning the pots would be great fun...|
|...until this one found something more interesting.|
Ideas for recycling, reusing, and repurposing plastic nursery pots:
1. Bring them back to your garden center. Check first to see if they will take them back for recycling. Many won't. If they do, they probably require you to clean them first.
2. Divide your perennials and use the pots to share them in.
3. Place a ball of twine inside, and insert the end through one of the holes in the bottom. No more tangles!
4. Use them for Hypertufa pot molds
5. Take them to the beach, they make great sandcastle forms!
6. Use one as a basket to collect your garden bounty. The holes make for great drainage, so you can wash them in there too.
7. Use plastic cell packs to start your seeds for next year.
8. Offer them up on Freecycle.
9. Bury in soil to create a sub-irrigation system for raised beds and planters. I love this idea!
10. Grow potatoes!
How do you resuse your nursery pots?