Thursday, September 29, 2011

Midwest Groundcovers and Midwest Trading Tour

Recently, I had the unique opportunity to tour Midwest Groundcovers (St. Charles, IL) and Midwest Trading (Virgil, IL). I've been purchasing plants for my customers from Midwest Groundcovers, so I was excited to get the behind-the-scenes tour of both companies. Unfortunately, I forgot my the memory card for my camera at home (Grrrr!) and did not get any pics of the St. Charles facility. The Virgil operation, however, was equally as fascinating with it's 3.8 million (yes, I said "million") plants. Come along with me on the tour!


A stunning water feature near the main office.


In the peak season, MT distributes 1500 yards of mulch and container mix each day.


Itea virginica 'Little Henry' babies.

Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight'


Wiegela 'Wine and Roses'



All of these hydrangeas will be big and in bloom by Mother's Day!



A sea of roses.



Green roof components.


This praying mantis was watching to make sure we didn't steal anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment