Friday, September 9, 2011

Cheers! A Reason to Drink More Wine

Here is a fantastic way to create long-lasting garden bed edging, while keeping trash out of the landfill. Using your empty wine bottles in the garden adds color, interest, and whimsy while providing a nice clean edge to your beds. Remember my visit to the lovely gardens of my friend Shawna Coronado? I snapped the picture below in her potager, then saw some nice bottle edging at Cantigny in Winfield. I had to have one of my own.

Luckily, my family drinks a lot and had lots of bottles to give me (just kidding, family! Love you!). I used instructions from Shawna's blog  to start the path. Now I just need more bottles!



Shawna Coronado's potager

The potager at Cantigny Gardens

The start of my path. Must drink more wine!

3 comments:

  1. Quirky idea! And a nice excuse to drink more wine - it's for the garden! Welcome to Blotanical, it's a friendly community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lyn! I'd like to spend more time there, maybe when things slow down later in fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it is gorgeous when the sun shines on/through the bottles.

    ReplyDelete