Thursday, June 23, 2011

Veg Week - Day 4 and 5

Hold the meat, please.

I bought "Being Vegetarian for Dummies" by Suzanne Havala about four years ago. Since then, I've cracked it open a few times, and always kind of chuckled when I'd read something to the effect of, "Vegetarianism is not about depriving yourself of certain foods, it's about opening yourself up to lots of new foods." In my mind, the very definition of a vegetarian was someone who does not eat meat. But I've read similar statements a few times in different books, and you know, it really is true. I don't miss burgers, or chicken, or bacon (well, maybe bacon), and I'm adding new foods to my diet every day.

I've been eating lots of salads piled high with fresh veggies, but every time I poured on the bottled salad dressing, I felt I could be making a better choice. So, I found the recipe below in Crazy Sexy Diet and tried it last night. So simple and delicious! I love asian foods, and the tahini (think peanut butter but made with sesame seeds) really brings a unique flavor that reminds me of the salad dressing at my favorite sushi restaurant. Enjoy!

Tahini Dressing
1 cup tahini
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
water (enough to thin out and create desired consistency)
salt and pepper to taste.

And here's the hard part: whisk until combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment