Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Veg Week - Day 3 and Garden DIY Project

Yep, I'm still at it. And not feeling deprived or hungry. Cereal again this morning, but that Flax Raisin Bran is so delish! It was a work day, so I treated myself to Panera's Mozarella, Basil, Tomato Panini with a bowl of tomato soup and an apple. My afternoon snack was a strawberry, serviceberry, cucumber smoothie. Yes, I said serviceberry (see this post). For dinner, we all had shrimp and broccoli over brown rice pasta with peanut sauce. Yum! I thought the hubby might pick up on the pasta, but he didn't know the difference from the whole wheat pasta we usually have. It was Tinkyada brand, whole-grain, organic and gluten-free.


Via Life on the Balcony

I hit Fruitful Yield today and picked up some Garden of Life RAW Organic Green Superfood powder to pump up my smoothies. In my research I've seen a bunch of recommendations for enzymes and probiotics, and this has both, plus 34 organic greens, sprouts, and veggies. It's supposed to help with energy, digestion, blood sugar levels, and immune system support. More on this product here. I'm enjoying learning about all of these health food items, as these are things they never taught us in my nutrition program in college!

And finally, I have to share this DIY project - a garden in a pallet! What a beautiful way to save these ubiquitous pallets from the landfill. I'd love to make two of these and hang them on the back side of my garage facing the potager. Can you say, SHOWSTOPPER?

1 comment: