Monday, June 20, 2011

Veg Week - Day 2

Veg Week Day 2 was a success. I started out with Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Raisin Bran with skim milk, and had a spinach salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing (I could seriously drink that stuff from the bottle). Dinner was my homemade crockpot chili recipe with Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles. Hubby knew I was using the crumbles, but swore they tasted just like ground beef. The kids loved it too!

Image via RRC Facebook Page
The evening is usually when I get my sugar craving, and tonight I satisfied it with a square of Renee's Raw Chocolate that I picked up from Whole Foods. This stuff is healthier than milk chocolate because it doesn't have any fat or sugar added. The organic raw cacao butter has healthy enzymes that aid in the absorption of nutrients. And, it's actually really good. I've never been a fan of dark chocolate, but the raw chocolate has a multi-dimensional flavor that hits the spot when I want something sweet. And, Renee is based in Glen Ellyn, my home town. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment